Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Reality Behind My Internship

This semester, I accepted an internship at a luxury real estate firm called Nest Seekers. I work directly for the Executive Vice President and the Senior Vice President, one of which was featured on a popular Bravo TV reality show "Million Dollar Listing: NYC." Upon accepting the internship, I also found out that the notoriety from the show allowed them to open an additional office (where I now work) and also allowed them to be picked up for a second season. The show is shooting three agents for the next five months, my boss included. The camera crew films at the office and on location for listings; look out for the upcoming season to air in the Spring and you just might see me ;)

While one would think that these types of people would be difficult to work with, I have had a complete opposite experience (in a good way.) My duties are typical to that of any average intern: coffee runs, office organization, administrative tasks etc. I am happy to attempt and tackle any task thrown my way because every request, every need and every whim is always followed up with gratitude. I respect the business and look forward to gaining more of an understanding of real estate in general. I'm really excited to see how this internship pans out; there are a lot of opportunities that can come from working at Nest Seekers and I'm excited to find out what they are!

In the coming weeks, I will also be documenting on how I am keeping current with trends and my personal style of dressing for work. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment